Tuesday 9 March 2010

Pet peeve #174

I fucking hate it when interfering nobodies volunteer advice to "Cheer up" from across the street.

a) Who the hell asked you?

And

b) My grandmother has just been diagnosed with advanced cancer of the liver and pancreas and in all likelihood I might not get the chance to see her again.

So YOU fucking cheer up. Jerk.

It's been a long day and it was destined to be challenging from the moment I climbed on the bus to head to work. 40 minutes and counting into what should have been a 15 minute trip and I was tired + emotional + stressed out = not good. By the time I got to work on Kings Road all I wanted to do was turn around and head home again. Instead I spent nine hours unloading and unpacking boxes of homewares. Turns out mindless, repetitive manual labour was just what I needed. And then a shower and now hopefully soon bed.

Tomorrow I have a meeting at the gallery to talk about the internship and a free afternoon that I plan to spend sleeping and writing. I am trying to keep myself as busy as possible because right now the only place I want to be is at home with the family. Mum and Sophie can't get here fast enough. Nine days and counting.

No comments: