Friday 16 August 2013

An Oval gem

I suppose it’s true for any city really, but I love, love, love the fact that after five years in London I’m still discovering, and being introduced to, new places in London that tickle my aesthetic and cheap wine imbibing fancies.



On Tuesday I caught up with my friend Phoebe at Cable Café on Brixton Rd in Oval, a part of London I breeze through on the bus most days on my way to work, but have never actually explored. More fool me.


Cable Café is dead cute. A proper café by day, in the evening the space transforms into an intimate, low key but lovely little wine bar. Phoebs suggested it and I totally loved it, with its odd collection of beautiful tables, patches of maps-as-wallpaper and restrained, unannounced junk shop décor. My kind of place – the £3.50 price tag for a glass of wine just the icing on the cake.


And catching up with my clever friend about all things life and art and grand plans was pretty wonderful too.


Not a bad Tuesday evening really.

No comments: