Wednesday 17 December 2008

Cake and vodka

I. am. so. tired. I am SO pleased that I never have to work with two of my three group members ever again and I. am. so. SO. in. need. of. sunshine.

We had our group presentation yesterday and I suppose it went reasonably well, given my exacting standards but a big "whatevs" because the semester is now finished and I have five days to re-set my body clock, pack and starve before arriving home for a month of sunshine and swimming and family time. Hur-rah.

I am so exhausted that I physically have the shakes. On Sunday night I was so tired and stressed that I didn't get to sleep until 4.30am - but at least I spent the time productively, cleaning the stove, re-writing our group report and finessing my presentation. I wanted to vomit after we were finished - thanks in part to the sudden departure of adrenalin but I'm unwilling to rule out the diet coke and red bull I had for breakfast as another contributing factor....



Today my flatmate Molly, a friend of hers and I went to the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. Lots of mulled wine and carved wooden ornaments for sale - and lots of fun rides. If anything was going to shake the sickening lethargy I've felt since yesterday it was only ever going to be an encounter with a psychotically-paced, brightly lit "sleigh ride". So much fun - though perhaps not for my internal organs. Either way, 15 minutes later The Tired was back.

I've just awoken from a three hour nap and am now psyching myself up for Moll's bake-a-thon, which is this evening in celebration of her birthday. Cupcakes and cocktails. Yum. One of the many things I love about my little household is that it is very much a cake-friendly zone.

Air and water from tomorrow.

No comments: