Thursday 13 November 2008

If I had a dollar....

... for every instance where a boy has told me I am brilliant, fabulous, special, a generally all-round-tops-one-in-a-million-kind-of-person - oh - but they only want to be my friend - well I would now have five whole dollars. Actually - let's be fair and make it four - the sociopath with mother issues is a cheap dollar won...

Nevertheless. The one day I really do need to be ignored as I cry my way home and how many people should stop and ask me if I'm ok? THREE. Well - one kind man and two morons who leered and yelled "What's up love?" from their car as I walked past. Fuckwits in automobiles notwithstanding here's a question for you - why is that when some kind stranger asks if everything is alright we reply "I'm fine, thank you though" - despite clearly being anything other than. Life Mystery #374. Comes right after Life Mystery #373 - Why are most boys stupid?

And dammit the day started so well. I had my second tutorial this morning - turns out there is something to be said for last minute all-nighters... I got 78 (70 is a distinction) for my essay on the absconding brush mark and topped the year. The words "brilliant" and "exceptional" may even have been used. Clearly not a discussion about my way with men.

No comments: