Monday 19 January 2009

The joys of free wifi

Otherwise known as Welcome to Hong Kong.

My head hurts, my ankles are swollen and my eyes are a tad bleary. It's 1.27am in Sydney, 2.27pm in London and 10.27pm in Hong Kong. I have no clue which timezone my body thinks it's in, all I know is that it aches all over and just wants to be home already. If home is where the heart is - Sydney! And don't spare the horses. If it's where all your crap is kept and you do your washing and attend to general life and studies, well then London here I come. Just not for another two and a half hours. Oh, and then another 11-odd. Good times in economy.

Leaving was crap - I fucking hate it. Hate saying goodbye, hate having to try not to cry, hate thinking how long it will be until I see everyone again.

I had THE best morning before I left. Mum and I walked to Avalon and had the most beautiful swim. The water was blue and clear and just the right sort of refreshing temperature and there were perfect waves to dive under and jump over. Heaven.

Anyway. This is rubbish. I am tired - too tired even for tears - and looking forward to getting to London. I am slightly concerned though - if the air conditioning on a Cathay Pacific jumbo leaves me with chattering teeth, what the hell is London going to do me??

No comments: